The recipe is a winner! Non-dairy, with only 4 ingredients and actually makes you yearn for Passover, when our diet is quite limited :)
I wouldn’t exactly call it an “easy” recipe, as it includes a few bowls, separating eggs and requires a mixer (all things I usually try to avoid). In this case, it’s worth it!
Non-dairy Mousse (yields a 9 inch round,or similar size)
Dried/toasted crumbs for the pan(can be made from brownies,chocolate cake, or chocolate cookies)
a few spoons of oil for pan,for melting chocolate
6–7 eggs (separated)
200 grams dark chocolate
a few spoons of liqueur,vanilla (optional)
- Oil pan
- Shake crumbs on base and sides of pan
- Whip the egg whites till stiff,add a pinch of salt.
- In a separate bowl, melt chocolate in a bit of oil in the microwave. Do this by heating in 30 second increments and stirring till smooth.
- Add the yolks to the melted chocolate and whip a little till very smooth.stir in liqueur/vanilla.
- Gently fold whites into the chocolate /yolk mixture until it’s combined and you don’t see the white streaks.
- Pour mousse mixture into pan.
- Garnish it with a little more melted chocolate (drizzled and then gently swirled) or chocolate curls. (optional)
- Freeze till firm.
Take out of freezer a few minutes before serving or put in fridge for half an hour. Mousse should be semi frozen.